Tuesday 14 November 2017

Good Morning my Friends

Well thank you Bridgit for the comment on my mum, I must admit our relationship wasnt as close as I would like to have been as she was more orientated to my brother and Ive a feeling I was more like being the eldest was expected to show a good example, I must admit I was always scared of her as she had terrible PMT and would act just like a hell cat when she was due and it was best not to get in her way if you could help it.
But she was my mum and I did love her and in the last few years she did try to become closer but I always felt it was a bit strained but I forgave her as Ive a feeling she just couldnt help the way she was and she suffered terribly to and was in constant pain so when she died I think for her it was a happy release and the end of loneliness as my dad died at least 30 years before she did.
Anyway this week is another sad one for me as its my sons birthday on the 17th and he would have been 54 and it would have been such a joy to see him grown up with a family, but its not to have been and all I can remember is the 6 month old baby who suffered with Lymphatic Leukaemia in the last 2 months of his life, but at least I did go on to have 2 more daughters who have given me 5 grandsons between them and 3 great grandsons, so I have been rewarded in another way for my loss.

Here he is with his big sister at 19 days old

And now to cheer ourselves up here is this weeks card.


This has been created using the Woodware stamps, lots of different embossing powders and enamel accents, and the embossing folder is a Embossalious one. Hope you like the result.


2 comments:

Birgit said...

I’m so sorry your mom was difficult. My mom, I feel, always favoured my brother and doted over him. My mom suffered from PTSD but I didn’t know that when I was young but I know, now, that she did. Our mom grew up dur8ng the times of the Great Depression and the war. They always seemed to favour sons and that is just how it is but we love them. You will find a way to come to terms with your mom and how she raised you. It is always difficult to understand how human emotions always work. I’m so sorry to hear about your son but I bet he has been a guardian angel to your daughters and their children. I have no idea why parents must endure the loss of their child but I am so glad you have a special place in your heart, always. Your card, is beautiful and has a fancy fold that I can’t do. It is really so pretty

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Aww that is a sad post but a lovely cheery card at the end of it, x