Sunday 19 November 2017

A Card for this week

Well so far since trying to post 1 card a week I seem to be managing to do so lets hope it continues. Firstly thank you for the lovely comments on my dear son, its a strange thing that my mum lost a premature baby girl in 1950 at a week old and yes I do remember her because even though I was only 7 I did get to see her when they took both my mum and her to hospital, and then my sister also lost a son at 4 months to a cot death, so you know they say things run in threes lets hope that the last of that sort of thing happening in my family.
Well next Sunday I reach the grand old age of 75 I cannot believe Im going to be that mind you over this last year Ive certainly been reminded that my body is starting to give up, not only having to have the sigmoid colon removed in July but struggling to cope with the new way of managing my bowels (its totally different to my old way as I really cannot get them to work that way, I know I need to go but it just doesn't want to work when you get there so you can guess I'm having to strain all the time, which isn't what I want really) and then Ive been suffering with some balance problems, I have toppled over a couple of times though luckily I didn't do any damage just shook myself up. The doctor put me on antibiotic's for sinus but the side effects of them were dreadful constipation, which I thought I could counteract with licorice but the problem with that it has now caused me to be referred to the pre-diabetic nurse,  just hope it doesn't mean that's the next problem, its certainly shaken me and causing me to panic a bit as you can image, anyway I see the Dr again on Wednesday so hopefully she will reassure me, it showed I had a high blood sugar level (when I had a load of blood tests last week) after I came off them.
Well I think I had better just hope that things sort themselves out Please God, as I really don't need anymore problems I really hope that in the New Year it will be a better one for me, but no doubt other problems will arise but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Here is this weeks Card I hope you like it.


My eldest daughter who is in her middle 50's is a personal trainer, she runs a jogging group in Strahaven in Scotland and loves anything to do with keeping healthy, she even ran the London Marathon a few years ago and I thought this fabulous image from Gordon Fraser would be (you can get it from Crafts u Print,) ideal for her, Ive printed it and coloured it with my copic pens, then cut it out completely.
The backing paper was also from the same source and I coloured this also with my copic pens and cut it out to create a background for my image.
I then downloaded the free backing papers and mounted them onto green card which was attached to a 6.50"x 6.50" white card, then stuck the background at the top of the card and the stamped sentiment which was also mounted onto green card at the bottom of my card towards the right, and I also did the same thing with the other sentiment but this time stuck it at the top on the left.
And to finish of I placed my cut out image as if she is running away from the background in the center of my card. I just hope she likes it, she likes plain and simple cards so lets hope this fits the bill.
See you all next week, hugs Shirleyxxxxx

1 comment:

ellyscard creatief said...

What a beautiful card Shirley.
I'm sure your daughter love it.