Friday 18 May 2012

A Card for Sundays with Santa on Facebook - "Travel"

Good Morning All, has anyone noticed just how quickly the weeks are going by, here we are at another one, and at least today the sun is trying to come out, lets hope it does as I would like the weather to improve a lot before we take of for Cornwall in a couple of weeks, as its so miserable when it gets misty down there you miss so much of the scenery. Anyway back to todays card, this is for this weeks Challenge over on Sundays with Santa, its a weekly challenge that we set ourselves to create cards for Christmas, there isnt any money or prize involved it just gives us the chance to build up a reserve before December. Anyway this weeks theme is "Travel" and Ive used this Paper Shelter one of a young lass on her sledge delivering her Christmas Parcels. Ive printed her onto white card then used my copics to colour her, afterwards I used the new Die-namics Rectangle dies to cut her out, then used a larger one and some red card for the mount. The sentiment is one from my stash, Im sorry I dont know hows it is as I usually take the backing paper of, silly really but my poor drawers are stacked to bursting and if I kept all the paper it just wouldnt shut.
Anyway the main card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card, and the papers I have used are from Donna's Bearlymine Christmas ones, the first is a red background with holly and sentiments on, the second is a blue background with similar design, I used one of my Cheery Lynn doily dies for this and placed in towards the left of the base layer.
I then positioned my mounted image on the right and the sentiment below it, to finish of I have used another of the Cheery Lynn dies to cut a holly swirl and stuck to the left of the image and a poinsetta was then stuck to the card at the top with some punched out holly leaves.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au/
http://trulyscrumptiouschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://christmascrafting.blogspot.co.uk/
http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/

12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Shirley...yes the weeks are flying by my little granddaughter told me yesterday that its not long now until her birthday on Christmas Eve...Lol..lOl.
Your card is lovely such a sweet image love your red die...

Anne

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary J said...

How lovely Shirley - gorgeous flourishes and flower! Thx for joining us at Little Miss Muffet - don't forget to add the News Badge to your sidebar to be in with the chance of winning the prize!

Mary x

Anonymous said...

nice card!
Hugs from Elma

Darlene said...

This is so adorable Shirley! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

lis-m said...

hi Shirley, love your card... wish I wasn't so far behind on the SWS challenges...
hanks for joining us at Miss Muffet challenges."anything goes."
Good luck! x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Shirley I love the image and the design is terrific
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Shirley...Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x

meg said...

Your snowy activity fairly sets the scene for christmas eve, I wish my children had gone out, and allowed me time to get organised, love the card.Thank you for joining in at Christmas Crafting.

Arline said...

Love this card! What a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month xx

Morgan said...

Such a playful image, gorgeous colours, this card made me smile :o) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Crafting this month.

suzARTe said...

such a lovely Christmas card Shirley. I love the main image and all the lovely details.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge up asap :)